Friday, November 6, 2009

Can someone please tell me how much it usually is for all your wisdom teeth to be pulled??

I just got told that I am going to have to go and get all for of my wisdom teeth pulled. Does anyone know how much this would cost with or without insurance?

Can someone please tell me how much it usually is for all your wisdom teeth to be pulled??
It probably really depends on the area you live in.





I had 4 wisdom teeth pulled back "home" (PA) when they first came in. Had a really great dentist who all my family went to. He gave a cash discount if you didn't have insurance. I had them all pulled 1 at a time (4 visits because my son was 3 months old at the time). For all 4 teeth threw him... it cost me about $375 cash 2 were impacted.





Fast forward 7 years. We moved to Houston Tx... I had another wisdom tooth grow in (and 1 more since I know what to watch for now for another one! *crosses fingers*. This one erupted 1/2 way underneither my back molar. Haveing both those teeth removed (it shattered the bottom of the molar before I realized what was happening) it cost me almost $600 in cash!





With insurance it would depend on the plan you have what the cost would be along with the dentist you see. Most dental insurances pay 50-80% up to a limit per year. If you are talking more about a "dental discount plan" most of those will have you pay 80-90% of the actual cost.





Also if you have all of them done at one time by an oral surgeon while being put to sleep, from what I understand you can be looking at clost to $1000 for them all to be taken out at once.
Reply:That all depends on the oral surgeon. It can cost up to $1000-$2000 depending on whether they are impacted or not. If you don't have Insurance my family has a very low cost discount benefit program and it only cost's under $20 a month for Dental, plus we get free Vision, Pharmacy and Chiropractor care for free!! We end up saving up to 80% on most procedures done plus there are no limits or paperwork to fill out and they also cover anything comsetic.



download

No comments:

Post a Comment