Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is there any surgery known, that pulls down teeth (that are far up in the gum?)?

I am 13 years old. I had my k9 teeth pulled this time 2 YEARS AGO. They're probably an 2 cm away from coming close to breaking through the gum. I can't get braces til they come through, and i'm SICK of being told i have to WAIT more for them to come in.

Is there any surgery known, that pulls down teeth (that are far up in the gum?)?
im the same age as you and have the same problem. what i did is that because my cousin's a dentist, we went to her office for like a surgery, she put like a wire to glue on to the tooth and then attach them to my braces. it is pain less so i guess this helps... oh and have any questions email me at t_samantha59@yahoo.com hope it helps and right now, its almost through just need the top part of it to show and i could take the wire off. i did this on 8/22/07
Reply:Nope, I don't believe so. Your orthodontist can actually install braces without them (I had the same problem). However, it is more convenient to put all the brackets on at once. Ask him or her if you can start the treatment a little earlier. You braces should be able to be installed once at least enough room for a bracket has erupted, then a wire will be strung through the bracket to bring it down faster. It is definitely possible. Just be patient and enjoy having no metal in your mouth for now. Believe me, you will miss it.





Good luck!



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment