Thursday, March 11, 2010

Got teeth pulled yesturday and I have a question... can anyone help I have searched with no luck?

I got one wisdom tooth pulled and another tooth as well. Everything seemed normal until a little bit ago I ate some soup and then felt a piece of skin hanging down from where the tooth was, is this normal? After I just took my pill it is now gone ( I'm sure I swallowed it YUCK)I just want to make sure this isn't what happens when you get dry socket? It wasn't bloody so I don't think it was a blood clot, but I don't know if having a piece of skin hanging is expected?


Thanks for your help!

Got teeth pulled yesturday and I have a question... can anyone help I have searched with no luck?
This could be just a tiny bit of mucosa (the mucous membrane of your mouth) that sloughed off, or a bit of blood clot, or that sort of thing. It probably was nothing to worry about.





My daughter recently had her wisdom teeth out, and the most important thing is to protect the blood clots that normally develop in the socket. Dry socket occurs if the blood clot is dislodged. The blood clot acts to protect the socket during healing.





That is why they want you to avoid using a straw, spitting, smoking, sneezing with your mouth closed, or anything else that causes a suction vacuum in your mouth. That could dislodge the blood clot. That is the biggest worry, a dry socket.





Good luck, get some rest, take care of yourself, use ice packs and your medications, and hope you heal quickly!
Reply:that's really nothing to worry about do you know if the had a gauze in the spot where your tooth was? Believe me you would know if you had dry socket because you would not be able to move, walk or anything with out it hurting so my suggestion is to be really careful. good luck!!!



cheapest web hosting

No comments:

Post a Comment