Sunday, March 14, 2010

Teeth pulled?

im getting pulle tomorrow and im wondering will it hurt? im 13 and i get two from the top takin out because i have an over bite and it will bring them in...will the space were the tooth was from tooth to tooth go away? and will it hurt all day and the rest of the week? also should i take a tylonal or an advil before i leave my house or right at the office? [i live about 5 min. from the dentist.] also i already have braces in but they didnt work to well so that is why they are going to take teeth out and they will stay in there..

Teeth pulled?
Let's break it down:





(1) It won't hurt when they pull your teeth. They'll give you lidocaine and may even give you nitrous oxide or anesthesia, depending on the dentist. You may feel some pressure when they take the teeth out, but no pain. Having said that...





(2) It will hurt after the painkiller wears off. They should give you a prescription for Tylenol 3 or something. Make sure they do. The pain won't be terrible, but it'll be bad enough if you don't have a prescription for it. Should only hurt for a couple of days.





(3) They're probably taking teeth out because you don't have enough room in your mouth for the teeth you have. The space from tooth to tooth will eventually go away, even without braces -- but if they put braces back in the spaces will disappear more quickly.





(4) Don't take anything before you go in. You don't want to have anything in your system that may make you feel nauseous, and Tylenol or Advil in combination with the lidocaine might make you sick to your stomach.
Reply:I got 4 teeth pulled a few years ago. If you want me to answer truthfully, it did hurt. But then again, I can't take pain of any sorts so I just may be a baby when it comes to pain. For me, they inserted a needle into my gums and the roof of my mouth. The needle contains novacaine that'll numb your mouth. They then yank your teeth out. Yes, the spaces do go away. No, it won't hurt all day nor the rest of the week (or at least in my case it didn't). I didn't take tylenol or advil just because I wasn't sure whether or not I was allowed to.





Hope this helps some.



prada handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment